We connect with our target audience through various community outreaches. Our purpose is to share our faith in Christ and our Christian worldview through building relationships. We do this by serving people’s needs and interests, meeting them on common ground.
Here’s a list of those interests and activities:
- Improving English via ESL – professionals desire to speak English well
- Sharpening Photography knowhow – through classes and photo tours (a major hobby in Ukraine)
- Learning to play guitar – many are drawn to developing musical skill
- Broadening business acumen in clubs – though the least interested in spirituality, business people are the most interested in improving professionally and in networking with others
- Staying physically fit – Popular among the young and even those older
- Enjoying coffee and conversation – young adults readily gather for coffee, board games and even spiritual discussions
- Hiking adventurism – Adventure tourism is gaining popularity, allowing us to connect more deeply
- Hosting family camps – Fun and rest in a family setting . . .
With each type of activity we incorporate life issue discussions from a Biblical perspective. For most it’s their first time ever to open the Bible to find answers. Many have discovered the Scriptures to be surprisingly relevant; some have even discovered Christ in them!